Saturday, May 16, 2009

When we fail to see the urgency

When we fail to see the urgency,

Of man’s need for God’s mercy

Oh, what suffering awaits him in eternity,

All because of our insensitivity.


Preoccupied with what Solomon calls vanities,

We move through life not minding

The souls that daily trod to an eternity

Of unspeakable pain and agony.


We tell ourselves, “There’ll be a tomorrow,

When I can tell them of the Savior.

And so today, I’ll keep myself busy

Of things that matter most to me.”


Sometimes we say, “It’s just not my gift

To eloquently talk of Jesus’ story.

To sing praises and give, that I can do!

But to witness? I’m sorry, that I can’t do.”


And still there are those that make the assertion

That we really don’t need to make any action

For the Holy Spirit is so powerful

To convict souls though we snub the Great Commission’s call.


Can’t we see how great our responsibility,

So that man can avoid a Hell-ish eternity?

We are God’s lips to bring man the Good News---

“Jesus has paid the price and it was the cross He used.”


But until we embrace our earthly duty

Souls will continue to march to Hell unknowingly.

Right now, billions are screaming in suffering so helplessly

Simply because we forgot our responsibility.


(A poem by Dennis Mark Y. Aglosolos)

If you want to give your comments to this month's article, send us an email at
comments@livingwaters-asia.com



No comments:

Post a Comment